Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Love

Love can be the most gloriously awesome and the absolutely worst goddamn feeling on earth.

Why is that?

Love can make you feel like you have found the reason for existence, like you can't wait to wake up every morning, like magic is real, as if the very act of breathing is divine.

How is it that the single most amazing amazing sensation can also crush your soul?

Love is awful.

Love will consume your soul and eat your world. Love will keep you up at night, make you cry yourself to sleep at the end of each day, and disintegrate your being.
Love will be your reason for living, and the cause of your most painful destruction. It will make you think the world is worth saving, and without a moments notice, it will show you that you would kill, die or live for it; inevitably whichever option is most painful.

Love will make you desire life more than anything, and by the same token, it will laugh in your face and make you wish you were dead.

Nobody tells you this shit when they're reading you childhood fairy-tales at bedtime.



I fucking hate love. Love is a life-wrecking cunt, and your heart is an idiot with no sense of self-preservation. Love will destroy you. It will claw your goddamned eyes out and leave you begging for more.

I have also discovered that the depth of my love can be measured proportionately by fear. Sleepless nights wondering if someone is alive, made it to their destination, the lack of a return text surely implying their unfortunate demise, the heart-wrenching sorrow and loneliness of being shut out, of knowing that one has disappointed the object of their affection....That's fucking love for me. Measured most by the terror of loss.

I fucking hate love. Nobody tells you that the feeling which makes you fly is also the one which makes you want to slit your wrists on a sunny April morning when everything around you seems normal and the world keeps on turning as if your life hasn't disintegrated.

People say follow your heart...Trust me, your heart is a goddamned fool. It will break itself into a million pieces while bashing itself against the rocky shore of desertion or destruction, Without a care for the mind and soul laid to rest in pieces beside it.

And still we search for meaning in it all. Because it matters and we need something which explains the magic, something to justify the agony.
Perhaps this all lies simply in the fact that one cannot really know one of two extremes and must experience both to truly feel and experience the depths of either? Or perhaps such conclusions are simply a way for people like me who open their eyes in the morning with little to no desire for life, wishing the good feelings of love were still more than an aching memory...


Love will give you the desire to live, and make you wish for your death. All within the mere space of a single breath.

Nobody tells you that love is simply the inevitability of a glorious tragedy.


9 comments:

  1. lil, you're making yourself miserable. You have to decide to either walk away or accept. You can't let him make the choice for your life - it's your life and you have to live it.
    I know these words are harsh but it's how I see it.

    I wish you only the best girl but life is short so don't spend it pining over something that was, is, or can't or will be., if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh Smith for saying what so many of us are thinking.

      Hugs lil. You know how to reach me if you want to chat.

      Delete
    2. sunnygirl,
      I do truly appreciate your honesty and the wherewithal it takes to tell people things with such merit which they don't want to hear.
      Leaving is not an option. Acceptance...Yes. Though it is schizophrenic at best for me at this point lol.
      I appreciate you, awesome lady.

      Delete
    3. dancingbarez,
      I appreciate your offer of an ear more than you know. Thank you. It is good to be reminded that one is not always alone in their loneliness.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry Lil...but I also have to agree with Sunny.

    I can't say I know what you are going through but I have been in a similar situation...in so much pain I didn't know how I was going to make it from one day to the next. You have to decide that you are an awesome woman who needs to design a life for herself...if a man can fit into it...so be it. If not...you can make it on your own.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat,
      I sincerely appreciate and thank you for your honesty and looking out for my wellbeing. Truly.

      The nature of my relationship changes all these black and whites into shades of bruised purple and grey. The only way I'll walk is if he gets her pregnant.

      I did need to be reminded that I can have a life of my own. Thank you. I appreciate your caring more than you know.

      Delete
  3. (((hugs))) Lil, I have to agree with the others.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only it was easy to walk away. If only there was always a choice. If only the chains of loyalty and devoiton would just instantly dissolve. And if only acceptance meant that the pain would go away.
    Sometimes the only thing one can do is survive in the messy, horrible ugly way that you can. ((Lil))

    ReplyDelete